I am truly honored to be able to work with frontline organizations like this and to be able to support them to achieve their goals. This is why I want to do this work. I use the money from organizations that can afford it to allow myself to work on grassroots projects like this.
Pro Bono Expectations
Because this is a pro bono project, I need to treat it a little differently than the paid projects to be fair to the paying clients and so I don’t overstretch myself and end up only working on free projects:
- I only work on one pro bono project at a time
- Pro bono projects take a lower priority than paid projects. I might be a little less responsive and take a little longer to complete tasks. That said, I will always get back to you and I will always do what I say I will do. If I say something will be done by a certain time I will do it. Or I will inform you well in advance of whatever problems are in the way.
- I will be able to meet timelines if they are clearly explained well in advance. Not a week before. Let me know when you know. Websites take a few months.
- The initiative to move the project forward is on you. If I don’t hear from you, or if you don’t get me content or feedback, things will not move forward. I am relying on you to get in touch with me.
- I would appreciate help covering basic expenses. If you do have even a small budget for a website I would be very grateful. But it is not necessary.
General Expectations (For all clients)
- Often, the most significant delays come from clients. The faster I receive content, images, and feedback, the faster the website will be finished.
- In order to save time and money, I work very iteratively. This means that I go through drafts of smaller adjustments and depend on frequent feedback from you. This way I don’t spend too much time perfecting things you don’t want. So early on in the process you can expect to see rough drafts that do not meet your expectations. Through your feedback and revisions it will quickly develop to the results you are looking for.
- Graphic Design is not my area of expertise and so I can only do very minor adjustments. If you need further modifications you will need to find someone else to make them.
- I may want to include a small acknowledgement of my support to the footer of the site.
Thank you so much for reading this and considering working with me. If I sent you this page I am really really honored and excited to work with you on such an important project!